BRIC House is located at 647 Fulton Street (at Rockwell Place).
The project repurposed the former Strand Theater building in the heart of the Brooklyn Cultural District. Our neighbors include BAM Harvey, Mark Morris Dance Center, and Theatre for a New Audience (at the Polonsky Shakespeare Center), among many other cultural organizations that call the district home.
BRIC House features some exceptional and unique spaces:
- A flexible Performance Space known as the BRIC House Ballroom, equipped with a sprung floor for dance and flexible seating to accommodate a wide variety of configurations and performance styles. An entirely new professional resource for the performing arts in Brooklyn, the Ballroom also features dressing rooms, a green room for artists and state-of-the-art sound and lighting equipment –supporting high-quality production values.
- An intimate, flexible Artist Studio dedicated to emerging and mid-career artists, with an audience capacity of 75 for rehearsals and performances in workshop settings. This space can also transform into a workspace for visual artists.
- A 3,000-square-foot Gallery with dramatic 18-foot ceilings permits major exhibitions focused on emerging and mid-career artists and curators. A Project Room adjacent to the gallery will be an added resource for video work, BRIC’s emerging curator program, small-scale exhibitions and experimental curatorial projects.
- A state-of-the-art public access television center includes a new glass-walled studio and control room on the ground floor of the facility (fully visible to the public), as well as fully renovated and upgraded studios, editing suites, public equipment and media training lab on the second floor.
- The Stoop, an all-new public cultural gathering space, featuring free, drop-in programming for all ages.
- A café – Note: Our café is temporarily closed.
- Classroom space to expand BRIC’s media education program.
- All programming spaces, as well as the lobby, are wired to the master control room to support live cablecasts of select events to over 550,000 Brooklyn households and beyond on the web.
BRIC House has reopened to the public.
The BRIC Media Center, Cafe, and Stoop are once again open for our community to use and enjoy. See below for updated hours of operation:
BRIC House is open 8AM-10PM daily.
Cafe Hours: Temporarily closed.
Gallery Hours: 11am-6pm Wed – Sun (closed Mon & Tues).
Beginning Nov. 1, 2022, BRIC House visitors will no longer have to show proof of vaccination or a negative test to enter the building. View our safety policy here.