BRIC’s Stoop Share program, a community engagement initiative, provides the opportunity to share our unique venue with nonprofit organizations based in the immediate area around BRIC House, especially those groups who do not have a regular venue for public gatherings. Eligible programs must be free, open to the public, and appropriate for an all-ages audience.
Stoop Share Program Guidelines:
- Program will take place on BRIC Stoop.
- Program can have an audience of up to 100 attendees.
- Program must be free, open to the public, and appropriate for an all-ages audience.
- Programs can be up to 2 hours in length, with 1 hour before and 1 hour after for set-up/clean-up.
- Events must have minimal A/V requirements. BRIC provides one A/V technician, along with mics, projector, and screen.
- Requests must be for programs offered by a non-profit organization that is based in, or serves, the BRIC House neighborhood.
- The BRIC House neighborhood is defined as zipcodes 11201, 11205, 11211, 11216, 11217, 11238, 11251.
- Organizations that have received a Stoop Share are not eligible to re-apply for two years after their program.
- Organization must be able to provide adequate staffing for check-in, ushering, or other supervision, to be determined with BRIC staff.
- Events requiring catering or wine/alcohol service are not eligible for Stoop Share.
BRIC has a limited number of dates and times available per season. If none of the dates and times listed on the application can work for your event, please get in touch directly.
Partners contribute $250 towards event staffing, plus a refundable $250 deposit.
BRIC staff meets regularly to review requests for the upcoming months. If proposals meet the outlined eligibility criteria, they will be honored on a first-come first-served basis, depending on availability.
For questions, please contact:
Associate Director, Community Engagement
[email protected], 718.683.5622