BRIC is hosting Day 3 of the 2022 Look + Listen Festival, which celebrates contemporary classical music by presenting it in compelling visual art settings. Each concert offers a chance to hear a diverse group of performers playing pieces by some of today’s finest composers. This free concert is co-produced by American Composers Forum, and features ACF-supported artists Dana Lyn, Alicia Waller, and Sugar Vendil.
Dreaming Big: Presented with American Composers Forum
Friday, May 6 at 7pm at BRIC
Host: Gemma Peacocke, I CARE IF YOU LISTEN
Ambient Music by John Glover
Dana Lyn, violin and piano
- Selections from A Point on a Slow Curve
- Mountain Climbing
- If Womankind Had Built This Transportation
- Welcome to Painterland
- White Ros
eFeaturing Noel Brennan (drums), Peter Hess (clarinet), Patricia Brennan (vibes), Sara Schoenbeck (bassoon), and Gary Wang (bass).
Alicia Waller & The Excursion
- Selections from Some Hidden Treasure
- Just Step Back
- Selections from Louder, Then (unreleased)
- The Climb/Job Blues
- My Day*
- If For The First Time*
*Supported by an ACF I create award with funding from The Jerome Foundation
Sugar Vendil, piano
- May We Know Our Own Strength, a short film by Jih-E Peng
- Score by Sugar Vendil, feat. Sugar Vendil on voice, electronics, and piano and Hajnal Pivnick on violin
- flower arrangements, a new work from Vendil’s forthcoming album, “Late Bloomer
- ”ooh wo aa oo wa o, for vocalizing chamber ensemble by Sugar Vendil
Performed by The Nouveau Classical Project: Laura Cocks, flute; Mara Mayer, clarinet; Hajnal Pivnick, violin; Thea Mesirow, cello; Sugar Vendil, piano.
Costumes by Jasmine Chong.*ooh wo ah oo wa o has been made possible by the Chamber Music America Classical Commissioning Program, with generous funding provided by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.