Purpose of Youth Curatorial Fellowship
BRIC’s Youth Curators Fellowship program will focus on developing and producing the 3rd Annual For-Teens-By-Teens, BRIC’s Youth Contemporary Art Exhibition. The exhibition will showcase Visual Arts pieces in 2D & 3D mediums: printmaking, drawing, painting, photography, sculpture, textile, mixed-media, sound and installation created by NYC high school age artists. The public exhibition will attract over 100 submissions and an audience of over 200. This will be a physical exhibition that will take place at BRIC House gallery in May 2024.
Youth Curators will gain training, skills and professional insight into the planning, curation, installation, design and marketing of an art exhibition. Fellows will work alongside 8-10 peer fellows weekly to develop and design the exhibition.
- Fellows must be interested in art, curation and physically installing an art exhibition
- Fellows must be interested advancing their art, curation and marketing skills
- Fellows must be highly responsible, motivated, and prepared to participate and complete dedicated work in collaboration with the Teaching Curator, BRIC Staff and peer Fellows.
Essential Qualifications, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Fellows must be NYC Sophomores, Juniors or Seniors (or ages 15-19) by October 2023
- Commitment to attending all scheduled weekly programming meetings
- Proactive contribution to the conceptualization, organization and curation
- Focused participation in the promotion, outreach and presentation
- Effective collaboration with the programming team.
October 25, 2023 – May 29, 2024
Wednesdays, 4 pm – 6 pm IN-PERSON
75 Rockwell Place, Brooklyn, NY (for Youth Media)
647 Fulton St, Brooklyn, NY (for Youth Curatorial)
We follow and match the NYC DOE calendar for school holidays
Fellowship Dates: 10/25, 11/1, 11/8, 11/15, 11/22, 11/29, 12/6, 12/13, 12/20, Closed – 12/27 for Winter Recess , 1/3, 1/10, 1/17, 1/24, 1/31, 2/7, 2/14, Closed – 2/21 for Mid-Winter Recess, 2/28, 3/6, 3/13, 3/20, 3/27, 4/3, Closed – 4/10 for Eid Al-Fitr, 4/17, 4/24, 5/1, 5/8, 5/15, 5/22, 5/29