Youth Media Fellows will gain training, skills and professional insight into the planning, curation, and promotion of a short film festival. Fellows will learn about marketing, event planning, and video production. They will hear from various guest speakers, and create promotional print and digital materials.
- Fellows must be interested in media, event planning, filmmaking, and/or marketing
- Fellows must be interested in advancing their media skills, editing skills, design and marketing skills
- Fellows must be highly responsible, motivated, and prepared to participate
Check out the following links for more information about Concrete Stories: BRIC Youth Media Festival and past Youth Media Fellows.
Essential Qualifications, Duties & Responsibilities
- Fellows must be NYC Sophomores, Juniors or Seniors (or ages 15-19) by October 2023
- Commitment to attending all scheduled weekly programming meetings
- Proactive contribution to the conceptualization, organization and curation
- Focused participation in the promotion, outreach and presentation
- Effective collaboration with the programming team.
October 25, 2023 – May 29, 2024
Wednesdays, 4 pm – 6 pm IN-PERSON
75 Rockwell Place, Brooklyn, NY (for Youth Media)
647 Fulton St, Brooklyn, NY (for Youth Curatorial)
We follow and match the NYC DOE calendar for school holidays
Fellowship Dates: 10/25, 11/1, 11/8, 11/15, 11/22, 11/29, 12/6, 12/13, 12/20, Closed – 12/27 for Winter Recess , 1/3, 1/10, 1/17, 1/24, 1/31, 2/7, 2/14, Closed – 2/21 for Mid-Winter Recess, 2/28, 3/6, 3/13, 3/20, 3/27, 4/3, Closed – 4/10 for Eid Al-Fitr, 4/17, 4/24, 5/1, 5/8, 5/15, 5/22, 5/29
Stipend, participants receives the 1st half mid fellowship and the 2nd half at the end of the fellowship
$15/hr ($30 per date) (29 dates)